- For the in-universe concept, see multiverse.
An unnamed shared multiverse, often referred to as the Arrowverse, or sometimes the CW Multiverse, is a television franchise that is based on characters that appear in publications by DC Comics. The shared multiverse is akin to the DC universe in their comic books, which has had crossover plot elements, settings and characters.
The CW began airing Arrow in fall 2012. Due to its success, the network began production for a The Flash spin-off the following year. Barry Allen was planned to be introduced in the eighth and ninth episodes of the show's second season, followed by the twentieth episode acting as a backdoor pilot. However, after executives saw the initial episodes, they decided to order the series straight to pilot. In early 2015, the CW announced a web-series for Vixen to air on the CW Seed.. Two months later, The CW announced an additional series, DC's Legends of Tomorrow to air early 2016. On August 12, 2015, Wendy Mericle confirmed their version of John Constantine follows the same continuity as NBC's Constantine.
- Arrow (2012–present)
- The Flash (2014–present)
- Constantine (2014–2015)
- Supergirl (2015-present)
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (2016–present)
Comic book series
- Arrow (2012–2013)
- Arrow: Season 2.5 (2014–2015)
- The Flash: Season Zero (2014–2015)
- Arrow: The Dark Archer (2016)
- Adventures of Supergirl (2016)
- ↑ ‘Arrow’ Casts Mr. Terrific And Anarky - Deadline
- ↑ Why Supergirl Shouldn't Join The Flash/Arrowverse - Forbes
- ↑ http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/11/01/the-flash-will-the-real-flash-please-stand-up
- ↑ UPDATE: CW Eyes ‘Flash’ Series With ‘Arrow’s Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & David Nutter - Deadline
- ↑ CW’s ‘The Flash’ To Do Stand-Alone Pilot Instead Of ‘Arrow’ Backdoor Pilot Episode - Deadline
- ↑ DC Comics’ Vixen Coming To CW Seed - KSiteTV
- ↑ Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star - Deadline
- ↑ ARROW: CONSTANTINE WILL HELP BRING SARA LANCE BACK - IGN